The secret to the best roast is the beef. The richer the flavor, the better. Which is why we recommend buying one of our farm fresh roast bundles before you get started. Once you've got your roast, here are two great ways to cook it.
Roast Recipe using Instant Pot
- Created by Chef Ellen Doerr from Sioux Falls, SD
- Serves: 8-12
- Cook time: 1 1/2 hours
- 2-3 lb Neighborherds Rump or Chuck roast (or 2 lbs Neighborherds Stew Meat- pre cut)
- 6-8 Cups potatoes - Golden, red or purple (cut into 1" pieces)
- 6-8 Cups carrots- Baby or regular size (cut to 1" pieces)
- Beef broth
- Minced garlic
- 1-3 T Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
Directions: Using a thawed rump roast (preferred method).
- Place beef in pressure cooker, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic.
- If using a frozen rump roast, skip to step 4.
- Using the sauté feature on the instant pot, sear the edges of beef (The majority of the roast should still be uncooked when done).
- Leave beef in instant pot, add 1-2 cups beef broth or however much you need to cover 2/3’s of the beef. Add Worcestershire sauce. Set cooker to cook for 1 hour (If using pre-cut stew meat, set cooker to cook for 45 minutes).
- Once pressure cooker is depressurized, open and separate roast evenly. Add carrots and potatoes, keeping beef near the liquid. Add more garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Set cooker to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Once pressure cooker is depressurized, meal is ready to serve!
Roast Recipe using Dutch Oven/Slow Cooker
- Created by Trampling Rose, from Brookings, SD
- Serves: 8-12
- Cook time: 3 hours